10 reasons why you check if your phone has spyware or virus(Malware).
Smart phones comes with premium hard ware and software features, thereby making it possible to do most of the things you could do on your laptop with a phone or tablet. Owing to the above fact, some software developers choose to take negative advantage of this features and thy is why we need to apply caution when downloading some apps. Malwares can completely take over your device through symptoms such as:
1. Unusual Or Strange Behavior from Your Phone/ Tablet: Most spywares and virus may cause your device to behave strange; your device may light up on it's own, make funny sounds or exit from an app while you are using it.
2. Battery drainage: malwares that run in background of your phone can cause battery drainage on your device, especially when you switch on your mobile connection. Battery drainage can also occur when your battery is bad or there are so many apps using your phones data connection at the same time.
3. Your calls might be monitored: If you always hear noises such as beeping sounds during phone calls, chances are your calls are being recorded and monitored.
4. Malwares Can Cause Random Reboots And Shut Downs: Spyware and tracking apps can cause random reboots and shut downs on Android devices and other smart phones. If you believe that your phone’s software is stable and updated, then random reboots or shut downs can mean your phone has spyware software installed. An unstable third-party app might also be causing this.
5. Malwares Can Send Strange Text Messages: Some malwares can send messages to short codes number or numbers in your contacts without your knowledge. Some may send messages to subscribe for services that will drain your account without you even noticing.
6. Malwares Can Cause Higher Data Usage: Since it is possible for apps to use your data connection while running on the background of your device's operating system, malware can get or send large files on it's run. This can run down your internet subscription and make you spend more money.
7. It Can Cause Your Device To Make Sounds When Your Device Is Not In Use: When your phone is idle, it shouldn’t make any sort of sound( except incoming calls, messages, social medial beeps or battery notification ). If you’re hearing sounds when you’re not using your phone, it could mean that your phone is being spied on. If you want to eliminate both the possibility of spyware and also rogue apps causing the noises, perform a factory reset. If your phone is rooted, flash stock firmware. And don’t disregard OS updates. This will solve a lot of these problems.
8. Malwares Can Cause Delay In Shut Down : Android devices usually shut down quickly if it takes more than 60seconds to shut down your device, malwares may be installed on your phone.
9. It Can Cause Unpredictable Pop-Ups: Ironically, a popup that warns about impending doom on your Android, particularly from a program you did not install, can infect your phone with malware itself. Some may flash nude images on your device. The more you click these dialogue windows, the more possibility you will be redirected to a shady place or click on something deceptive. Never run a .exe or flash file that you aren’t sure about. A lot of advertising popups aren’t malware per se, but sometimes there’s a fine line between advertisements and malware, hence the terms — adware and malvertising.
10. Malware Can Cause Your Device to be Slow: Smart phones has been equipped with premium hardware and software so multitasking shouldn't cause your device to be slow. If you open one or two apps are your device starts hanging, there's probably one or more malwares on your phone.
General Solution: There are several ways to delete malware from you phone, simply back up your contact and media files then restore factory settings. After you you have restored restored factory setting, install Kaspersky Antivirus, then restore your files.
To get a step by step guideline with screen shots click on How to delete stubborn virus from your Android phone.