How To Block Short Code Messages/Calls and Unwanted Messages on your phone
Have you ever gotten a sms only to open it and find a message that says something irrelevant like "To buy a crate of egg in this recession for N500 text yes to 5660"? Well here's how to stop those unsolicited messages.
Simply reply the text with of any(One at a time) this words for free; Stop, End, No, Quit or Unsubscribe.
To confirm if it has worked, you will receive a reply from the SMS shortcode, confirming that you have successfully opted out of their text message campaign.
Method 2(Do No Disturb)
There two types of Do Not Disturb feature; one of them is a partial mode and the other is a full mode. The partial mode allows you to block only certain categories of the shortcode calls and unwanted promotional messages while the full mode stops all promotional messages and calls.
If the above method did not work for you, simply send help to 2442 and follow the instruction that will be send to you or simply text;
- STOP To 2442: To stop all SMS and IVR messages(i.e STOP should be in the body of the message and 2442 should be in the address).
- ALLOW To 2442: To receive all SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 1 To 2442: To receive Banking / Insurance/ Financial Products SMS.
- SMS 2 To 2442: To receive Real Estate SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 3 To 2442: To receive Education SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 4 To 2442: To receive Health SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 5 To 2442: To receive Consumer goods & Automobiles SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 6 To 2442: To receive Communication/Broadcasting/Entertainment/IT SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 7 To 2442: To receive Tourism & Leisure SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 8 To 2442: To receive Sport SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 9 To 2442: To receive Religion SMS and IVR messages.
- STATUS To 2442: To check MTN, Airtel, Glo and Etisalat do not disturb feature status.
Note: When you send stop to 2442, it will block all sms messages from entering your phone, if you are expecting some important sms you can simply cancel the restriction by by sending ALLOW to 2442.