Never lose a contact, here's how to back up your contacts on your android phone.
How to backup/restore your contacts on your Android device.
1. Go to your phone's settings ( if you don’t have a shortcut/ icon on your home-screen, you can find your phone's setting icon in your list of apps ).
2. Scroll down and select the tab that says Back up and reset.
Now make sure the "Back up my data" tab is checked, and if it is not, check it right now.
This option would ensure that your contacts are backed up automatically. As soon as you add a contact to your phone book it will automatically be backed up( synced ) to your signed in Gmail account. If you lose your phone through any means your contacts will be restored when you sign in to your google account and switch the synchronize button on your google account. To do that follow the simple steps below.
- Go to settings.
- Click on accounts
- Click on add account
- Click on Google
Log into your Gmail account on your New Android device.
- Click on Accept.
- After signing in, go back to your where you have accounts( As indicated above it is located in the settings) Select google account from the available list.
- Select your google account, turn on the sync contacts option and all your contacts will be restored after few minutes.
NB: When using the 1st method, your data connection ( it works with internet subscription or pay as you go ) has to be on for your contacts to be restored to your phone.
To Buy Cheap Internet Subscription on MTN & GLO Click Here
1. Open your Contacts from your Android phone.
2. Select the more option from the top right corner.
3. Select Export contacts from the menu items.
4. Click on SD card to export your contacts to your memory card.
5. Confirm the export by clicking ok.
After backing your contacts up, transfer it to it to your email or another memory card.
Whenever you loose your device restore your contacts by going to the menu on your contact, then import your contacts from the memory location you saved it.